We Don't Need a Brain

NuB Clan's Forum !

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Anime Time !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dust2Dust
B.I.B.

Number of posts : 3079
Description : Je ne suis pas fou vous savez.
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 15:30

Considering Naruto, Saint-Seyia, HxH and One Piece are bad, he should like it : ))

Loot where ?

Number of posts : 2624
Description : A selfish bastard.
Registration date : 2006-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 15:50

I don't like DB btw

and what's a point of watching a cartoon if it's not stupid???????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dust2Dust
B.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 16:12

That's what we're trying to say, YOU are watching cartoons. No point in watching those, but if you're extremely bored.

A good anime tho, is nothing like a cartoon. Don't tell me Akira or Princess Mononoke, while being totally different styles, are cartoons. You should think of them like a good film or a good book, i.e. with interesting stories/characters and good stories/characters development, having both being better ofc, even tho only having one can still lead to a good watch.

Loot where ?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 16:36

Dust2Dust wrote:
That's what we're trying to say, YOU are watching cartoons. No point in watching those, but if you're extremely bored.

A good anime tho, is nothing like a cartoon. Don't tell me Akira or Princess Mononoke, while being totally different styles, are cartoons. You should think of them like a good film or a good book, i.e. with interesting stories/characters and good stories/characters development, having both being better ofc, even tho only having one can still lead to a good watch.

If I had to think about them as book, I'd rather read the book =) .

Anyway, i looked for the plot on wikipedia, and just the "kaze no stigma" seems half decent. Others are total bullshit.

Angel. king

P.S.: well, afterall bleach doesn't seem to be that bad =) .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steelphoenix
La table ou pas la table ?

Number of posts : 1568
Description : Flamer Ex-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 16:47

Bleach is as "good" as Naruto. The others are totaly lame.

B.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 17:02

The book thing was only an example. Well actually it's often the case that the manga is better than the anime tho. But I personnaly rather have music+voices+animations : )

Anyways, yeah, they're pretty bad overall (but Gintama maybe), but it's hard to find something good along with the lines you asked :\\
About Bleach, it's wouldn't be that bad without fillers. It's still too long tho, so it becomes boring while it should be entertaining.

Loot where ?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 19:06

Dust2Dust wrote:
The book thing was only an example. Well actually it's often the case that the manga is better than the anime tho. But I personnaly rather have music+voices+animations : )

Anyways, yeah, they're pretty bad overall (but Gintama maybe), but it's hard to find something good along with the lines you asked :\\
About Bleach, it's wouldn't be that bad without fillers. It's still too long tho, so it becomes boring while it should be entertaining.

Yeye, same reason i stopped to watch One Peace, toooooo long....

Angel. king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arentar
Kawauso-Sama

Number of posts : 2419
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 10:48

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dust2Dust
B.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Thu 17 Apr 2008 - 23:40

^ Yeah nice ones.

More imba ones : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_lxakVAaAJY
And all the others ones which follows :] (there's even a 1h movie oO)

B.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sun 20 Apr 2008 - 4:53

Edited everything to put alphabetical order, and added Eternal family, FLCL, Ghost Hound, Seto no Hanayome, Shigofumi, Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Spice and Wolf. Also, fuck the words limitation. Honestly.

Karas : (trailer)

2005 - Action - Supernatural - Fantasy
6 OAV

The world of humans and the world of youkais (some kind of demons/ghosts) are linked together. The Karas are here to maintain order and balance between the 2 worlds, and Otoha is one of them. But while youkais can see humans, the opposite is not true and humans forgot about youkais and Karas and live without fear. Eko, an ancient Karas disgusted by their behaviour, creates an army of mikuras (mechanic demons) to attack and control the humans and the city. Will Otoha be able to get rid of this threat?
I liked this mainly for the great graphic/animation including 3D stuffs, so I highly recomend you to watch this in HD. Anyways, lots of actions and good fights with a dark atmosphere are the strong points of this show. The story is a bit unoriginal tho, but well it's short so it's hard to expect better. All in one, it's untertaining if you like well designed action. [3/5]

Samurai Champloo : (opening)

2004 - Action - Comedy - Adventure
26 episodes

In medieval Japan, Fuu is searching for a samurai who smells like sunflower. This anime is about her journey with her two "bodyguards" she met in the tea-house she works in.
Comedy, sword fights and random stuffs, you won't be bored for a sec if you decide to watch this! Good graphics and good music as well! Really good work from the author of Cowboy Bebop. It's actually kinda alike Bebop, as the episodes are not all centred on the plot, but it's understandable knowing that they are just traveling and searching for clues and informations about the samurai. The characters are nice and fun, and likeable even tho they don't benefit a good development, which is the weak point of the show, along with the basic story. But entertainment is here in each episodes, and a quality one, so don't miss this anime! [4.5/5]

Seto no Hanayome : (opening)

2007 - Comedy - School - Romance
26 episodes

While he is peacefully in vacation, Nagasumi almost drowns, but is saved by a young mermaid. The night of the incident, the same girl, San, comes to his house and ask him to marry her, or one of them will die. Without no other choice (San's clan are Yakuzas mermaids who control the town), he accepts. It's only the begining of the troubles for him...
Wow, hi-la-rious. That pretty much describes this anime perfectly. A bit like Excel Saga for the wtf stuffs, but even more fun. The characters are all good, and all kinda crazy and fun in their own way, and once they go to school, it's even better. The fact that San's condition must stay secret, while San's father does kinda everything he can to try to kill Nagasumi to get his daughter back creates extremly fun wtf situations. Animation and graphics are ok too. This is fucking good, even tho there are some stuffs repeted a bit too much, it's still hilarious. Period. [5/5]

Shigofumi : (opening)

2007 - Supernatural - Drama - Psychological
12 episodes

The shigofumis are letter written by people who just died. It contains the last words one wants to adress to a still living person. Fumika is a mail carrier for Shigofumis, and we follow her along with Kana, her talking flying staff, while she delivers those letters and interacts with the livings.
This is quite an interesting principle, and it turns to be a quite interesting anime. The first episodes are different jobs given to Fumika, so it's more focused on the people who recieve the letter and how it affects their life, but soon we learn more about Fumika's past so the story becomes more centred on her. To be honest, I prefered the first part, as it's more original. Second part is ok, but it's like it was a different anime, as the shigofumis are not the main focus anymore, which kinda "ruins" the point of the show imo. Still not bad tho, as it develops the characters. Animation is good, and graphics and chara design are really well done. Overall a nice watch, but a bit disapointing. [3.5/5]

Shingetsutan Tsukihime : (opening)

2003 - Supernatural - Mystery - Drama - Romance
12 episodes

Shiki had a serious accident when he was a child, and since then he can see mysterious lines on people and objects. Many years later, he's called back to his family mansion (he was living with his aunt and uncles after the accident) by his sister due to his father's death. This place reminds him of the accident, and one day while he comes back from shcool he imagines himself killing a girl. Was it a dream or reality? He will soon learn it, along with the secrets of his family, when he encounters the girl again...
This anime is adaptated from a video game, so the plot is a bit complex to understand whitout having playing it, as very little is revelated in the begining. But it's interesting enough to keep us wanting for more informations, and trying to understand what's going on in the town, what happened in the past, etc. Animation and graphisms are good, and go well with the dark and strange atmosphere. It's a bit slow at some points, but it goes well with the atmosphere. Characters are nice and begin to be more developed after the first half of the anime. If you like mysterious stories, go for it! [3.5/5]

The Skull Man : (opening)

2007 - Mystery - Supernatural - Action
13 episodes

Some strange murders, including one of a famous actress, took place in Ootomo. Sensing a good opportunity for a scoop, the reporter Hayato returns to his former town to investigate and find more about this case, and about the mysterious suspect "The Skull Man".
Well, this is quite a good anime, even tho the story is a bit classic and unoriginal at first glance. I found it was rather interesting to discover more about the case and try to find who is this Skull man and what are his motivations, as it turns out to be deeper than just normal murders etc. Things start to become intersting around ep4, and from then it fasters a bit. Characters are ok, graphics and animation as well, so np here. The end is very open tho, so it's a bit disapointing, not to mention it's cliché and almost ridiculous, but whatever, I enjoyed it even if it's not the greatest anime ever. [3/5]

Spice and Wolf : (opening)

2007 - Supernatural - Adventure - Romance
13 episodes / 1 DVD special

For years and years, a wolf spirit has ensured good harvests to a village, which holds a festival each year to honor her as a God. On the night of the festival, Lawrence, a wandering merchant, finds a girl in his cart who appears to be Horo, the wolf spirit. She decides to travel with him, and help him in his trades.
Horo is too cute to resist, honestly, one of my favorite characters. Well, actually both the main characters are the most interesting things in this anime, as the plot is not that important in fact. The story is not bad tho, as many things happen to them, but it's mainly trades and merchant business, so it's the relation between Lawrence and Horo which keeps you watching, as they both have strong personnality which can be quite fun sometimes. And well, it's well made and realistic, so mission complete. Animation and art are good too, so in the end, I can't find bad points to this anime, it's really enjoyable and refreshing. [4/5]

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann : (opening)

2007 - Action - Mecha - Comedy - Adventure - Sci Fi
27 episodes

On Earth, humans live in small underground villages non-conected to the surface of the Earth, nor to others villages. Due to earthquakes, they are forced to digg deeper and deeper into the Earth. Simon is an orphan digger in the Giha village. One day, while digging, Simon founds a strange "face" buried into the ground. On his way to show it to his friend Kamina, a giant robot break through the ceiling and attack the village. Kamina stands to fight the robot and is soon helped by a girl from the surface who appeared at the same time. The situation seems desesperate, but the "face" discovered by Simon turns out to be a smaller robot, which they use to destroy the bigger one as well as breaking through to the surface. From there, they learn more about the robots, called Ganmen, and the "beastmen" who pilot them and terrorize the surface inhabitants. Then begins Simon, Kamina & Co journey to fight the beastmen.
If you like expolsions, action, explosions, adventure, explosions, mecha, explosions, crazy characters and explosions, you'll definitly like this show. And if you don't things mentioned above, you'll still like this show, because IT OWNS. The story is fun, characters are crazy and fun, the art is good, the animation is really good, the music is kewl. This is entertainment guys. You'll get dragged in a crazy but mastered story which doesn't take itself seriously at all, as it's quite parodical (also with references to Evangelion/DBZ/Albator for example), with smiles, tears, laughters, and explosions. Be prepared to battles with mechas & explosions at first, then big battles with mechas & explosions, then bigger battles with mechas & explosions, then huge battles with mechas & explosions, then giant battles with mechas & explosions, then gigantic ones, etc... BUT, everything is intended to be that crazy and exagerated and EPIC!!!! No matter how much you got, you want more, cuz you have this feeling that it's you who actually are saving the universe Very Happy Second "season" (i.e. eps 17 to 27) is a bit more serious but still as good as the rest and still epicly epic. Bleh, fuck this, JUST WATCH IT ALLO. [5/5]

Trigun : (opening)

1998 - Comedy - Action - Sci Fi - Drama
26 episodes

On a desolated planet, Vash the Stampede is worth 60 billion of double dollars after the destruction of the town named "July". Meryl and Milly are two agents of the Bernardelli insurance company who are supposed to find Vash to stop him from destroying anything else. Won't be as easy as it should have tho.
This is a classic. AND IT OWNS. WATCH IT. PERIOD. Vash is wtfownagekkthxbye and hella funny. Great characters, plenty of fun, gunfights, action and better story than it looks like. Can't do anything for you if you don't like this show :\ [5/5]

Zombie Loan : (opening)

2007 - Comedy - Action - Supernatural
11 episodes

Michiru Kita has Shinigami's eyes. Basically, the ability to see the ring a person has around the neck if he's about to die. One day, she realizes two of her classmates, Chika and Shito, got a ring completly black. She follows them, and is soon dragged in their business, i.e. repaying their loan, thanks to which they're still alive, by slaying zombies.
This is a pretty basic anime about people killing zombies etc. The principle of the whole zombification thing is not that bad, but well, in 11 episodes, you can't expect much so well the story is classic and quite boring. The characters are ok, but still too much cliche. The art/design is ok, but the animation is kinda horrible and not much detailed. Overall, can't say this anime is bad, but definitely can't say it's good either. Mediocre at best. [2/5]

==> More on Page 1, Page 3 or Page 5

Last edited by Dust2Dust on Sat 7 Jun 2008 - 4:52; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arentar
Kawauso-Sama

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sun 20 Apr 2008 - 5:31

About Trigun :

I really love this anime, especially for the music. Excellent OST! ! ! !

And Btw, I consider Vash as an angel's imitation. Same people inside!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dust2Dust
B.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sun 25 May 2008 - 6:59

KK, so screw alphabetical order, and words limitation, and Angel, and Oro. And ALL HAILL BUURIITANIAAAA !! Also, on a totally unrelated note, I feel you guys seriously lack Lucky Star OP Full vers., so have some ploxz. No need to thank me.

Abenobashi : (opening)

2002 - Comedy - Adventure - Fantasy - Sci Fi - Supernatural
13 episodes

Sashi and Arumi are childhood friends who live in the Abenobashi District, which is actually quite a nice and fun place to live. But it seems this place has some kind of mystery around it, and while Sashi and Arumi want to discover more about it, they find themselves projected in an alternate dimension of Abenobashi...
This comes from the same bunch of guys who did FLCL, and it's pretty obvious : same design/graphics with good animation (for a 2002 show), still wtf stuffs happening and same humour. About the story, in fact, almost all episodes feature the same place, Abenobashi, but in a random different dimension, which is always highly parodical, and our two heroes must find a way to get back to their real world. Each Abenobashi worlds are themed, and it's really fun, as every single clichés of the themes are extremly exagerated till it becomes purposely ridiculous. Lots of references to animes or films or games too (ep12 is the best imo). Also, Sashi and Arumi are really fun together and always get stuck in roflwtf situations each times, so there's no time to get bored at all. If you want a really entertaining and fun anime, this is for you! [5/5]

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto : (opening)

2006 - Supernatural - Historical - Action - Adventure - Drama
26 episodes

Akidzuki is the Eternal Assassin. His destiny is to destroy the Hashi no Kubi, an evil and powerful source of power which could bring chaos to Japan. During his journey to destroy it, he'll cross the path of a theater troup seeking revenge and its mysterious plotwritter several times.
The first few episodes are a bit complex to follow because you're directly throwed into the action so you'll have to memorize lots of stuff, but after some time, it becomes quite enjoyable to follow the story. I found that the fact it takes place during historical events is a plus and makes things even more interesting. In top of that, the character design is nice and clean, and the music is really good. However, things begin to deteriorate a bit during the second part, especially the last episodes which turns out to be boring and unoriginals. Other bad points : graphicaly, the backgrounds are often pretty poor, and the animation is inconsistent. Also, characters development is almost non-existent, and I can't honestly say they are likeable because of that. Overall, it's still quite interesting, and if you like samurais and action mixed with historical stuffs, give it a try. [3/5]

Byousoko 5 centimeters (5 centimeters per second) : (trailer)

2007 - Romance - Drama
3 short movies

Takaki and Akari are two classmate in elementary school. They're very close to each others, yet they become separated because of family matters. They stay in contact and frequently exchange letters, but as the time goes on, it begins to slowly pull them appart as years past...
This is a quite simple story, but who could have thought it would be so touching and moving? Truly magnifiscent graphics, a piece of art, one of the more (if not the more) beautiful anime I've seen. Animation is clean, detailed and smooth as well, everything is perfect on this side; characters design is not that detailed, but it's clean and realistic; the backgrounds are simply amazing. Everything create a sweet yet melancholic atmosphere which fits perfectly whith the beauty and the mood of the movie, and the music does its part very well, as it's really nice and chilling too. As I said, the plot is very simple, yet realistic and it's so rich on emotions that's it's 100% worth the watch. It's very immersive, and you'll go trough all the feelings of the characters as if you were in their shoes. A true moving experience I can't recommend you enough to watch. Severals times. [5/5]

Doujin Work : (opening) / (ending) < Because it hurts.

2007 - Comedy
12 episodes

This is the story of Najimi and her discovery of Doujinshi and its world after having been introduced to it by her friend, as she desperatly tries to make fortune by selling her own.
This is a fun and short anime. Each episodes are only like 15 minutes long, OP and ED included, so it won't take you a lot of time to watch it, but it doesn't remove anything from the quality of the show. In fact, everything is quite enjoyable in this anime : characters are fun and varied, graphicaly it's simple but clean and energetic, and same goes for the story, simple but fun and entertaining. Overall, even if you know nothing about doujins, it's still a really good watch and there's kinda no reason not to enjoy it. [4/5]

Hayate no Gotoku : (opening1) / (opening2)

2007 - Comedy - Romance
52 episodes

Hayate is definitly not lucky. As a Christmas present this year, he has just been sold by his parents, who ran away, to pay their debts. He manages to escape from the people he was sold to, and, in order to gain a bit of money, decides to kidnap someone. A poor choice of words creates a misunderstanting tho, and Nagi, the girl he tried to kidnap, thought he just confessed to her. He changes his mind then, but she actually really gets kidnapped. Fortunatly, Hayate saves her, and finally ends up being employed as her personal butler, as she is in fact from an amazingly rich family. Hayate's adventures just began...
This show is nowhere near serious. It's actually 100% comical and filled with parodies and references to lots of animes and games. And let me tell you it does its job perfectly, it's pretty damn funny and often hilarious, and this for almost all the episodes, which is surprising for a show this long. Even tho, they're not all equaly good, I found not one was boring thanks to really fun and good characters, and the creativity of the situations. There are always some wtf stuffs and events going on to keep you watching, and actually it happens that you just want more after each episodes. I highly recommend this, you won't be disapointed! [5/5]

Ichigo Mashimaro : (opening) / (opening OAV)

2005 - Slice of life - Comedy
12 episodes / 3 OAV

This anime has absolutely no plot whatsoever. It's basically about the daily conversations and activities of 5 girls : Nobue, Chika, Mui, Matsuri and Ana.
So, you should be thinking "How boring... errrr, wait... NOT THREE TIMES, THANKS.", and you'd be right, it was just cuz I can't say much more to introduce it (-: Anyways, this is quite alike Minami-ke in a way, as it's just the story of the daily life of two sisters, Nobue and Chika, and their friends/neighbours, yeah... the rest of the girls (you're smart, I like that!). But it's not boring at all. Once again, the characters and their personnalities play a big role in the entertainment given. Mui is always excited, moving around/doing something; Chika is calm and responsible; Matsuri is kinda smart, but very shy and naive; Ana is in fact from England, but she knows more about Japan than about England, same for the language; and last but not least Nobue is the oldest of the 5 (she's ~20 while the others are ~12), so she's like everyone's older sister, which doesn't change the fact that she's laid-back and she plays alot with them. Overall, it's a bit less fun than Minami-ke, but maybe a bit more varied in the situations and events, so it's still very enjoyable. Graphics and animation are simple but clean and colorful. Fun watch for sure if you like slice of life. [4/5]

Kemonozume : (opening)

2006 - Supernatural - Action - Romance - Gore
13 episodes

Toshihiko is a member of the Kifuuken, an old organization who trains warriors to kill monsters feeding on humans insides, the flesh eaters. One day he meets Yuka, and the both fall in love at the very first sight. Soonafter, his father (the master of the Kiffuken's dojo) is murdered by a flesh eater, and that's just the moment everyone learns Yuka is a flesh eater...
First sing you notice about this anime, is that it's ugly. Yes, the drawings are extremly stylized, distorted and often almost grotesque. Episode one is the worst of all tho, and it gets a bit better later on, so don't give up just cause of that, even if it's weird, the least we can say it's that's original, and the animation is quite good in fact so np here. Second point, is that's more mature than your usual show. Expect gore and some sex in an overall kinda dirty atmosphere. The plot is quite basical when you sum it up (some kind of Romeo&Juliet in fact), but the story is well told as there are twists and turns and because the characters are well made. The development goes smoothly and you get dragged in their story quite easily when you become used to the graphics. Well if you don't mind atypical stuffs, be sure to give it a try at least for the experience it offers. [4/5]

Rozen Maiden/Traumend/Ouverture : (opening season 1) / (opening season 2) / (opening OAV) < So, those are kinda the only reason I watched more than 1 episodes in the first place. ALI PROJECT owns.

2004/2005/2006 - Fantasy - Action - Comedy
12 episodes / 12 episodes / 2 OAV

Jun is a fucking geek like you guys~desu, who stays at home and doesn't go to school anymore~desu, passing his time ordering "supernatural" artifacts online~desu. One day~desu, he receives a strange doll which seems to be alive~desu. Her name is Shinku~desu, the 5th Rozen Maiden~desu, and she'll eventually make Jun her medium in order to beat the other dolls in the "Alice Game"~desu...
So, well I started this because of the opening~desu. Then, I kept watching because of the colored graphics and nice animation~desu. After a few episodes~desu, I liked the characters~desu, which actually are the good point of the show~desu. Each dolls have their own personnality~desu, and are all fun in their own way~desu (credits to the seiyus who play a big part in this~desu). And well sad point is that they actually are the only point of the show~desu, as the story is quite uninteresting in fact~desu. But the characters relationships and development are ok and fun~desu, so I found myself finishing the show somehow~desu, I can't say I regret it~desu, even tho I can't really recommmend it either~desu, unless you have too much spare time~desu. [3/5]
(I'm not crazy~desu, and I don't have any strange disease either~desu, neither does my keyboard is bugging~desu. Just watch the show and you'll understand the "~desu"~desu.)

sola : (opening)

2007 - Supernatural - Drama - Romance
13 episodes / 2 DVD extras

Yorito is obsessed with the sky, and always taking photos of it. One night, while he goes out to take photos of the sky during sunrise, he meets a girl who seems pretty interested in the sky, but who quickly disapears. He'll meet her again soon tho, and he'll learn more about her, her strange nature, and eventually about himself.
So well, this starts a bit slowly, and nothing really happens during the first few episodes, but the story becomes interesting around ep 6/7, when things get revelated bit by bit. I found the end wasn't bad, which is a plus, but in all honestly, I was a bit disapointed by the whole stuff. Even tho characters/animation/design/graphics are ok, there are lots of stuffs in the plot which doesn't make sense, and it gave me a bad impression in the end. It's not like the show is bad, but overall, I wouldn't recommend it at all cost. [3/5]

==> More on Page 1, Page 3 or Page 4

Last edited by Dust2Dust on Sun 8 Jun 2008 - 20:11; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dust2Dust
B.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 7 Jun 2008 - 2:25

God I hate words limitation. Added Ichigo Mashimaro, Gantz, 5cm, Kemonozume, NHK, Murder Princess, REC and updated some stuffs. Comments are always appreciated.

Gantz / Gantz : Second Stage : (opening)

2004 - Gore - Supernatural - Action - Drama
11 episodes / 13 episodes

Kurono is a common student, maybe a bit selfish. One day in the metro, he meets his ex-classmate Kato, who draggs him into helping a poor guy who fell on the tracks. Eveything doesn't go as planned tho, as they both end up dying. Strangely enough, they wake up in an apartment room, with other people who similarly should be dead. Soon, a weird black sphere appears, gives them special suits, powerful weapons, and orders them to kill aliens. They're brought back to the (empty) city, where there's no way out as a bomb blows anyone trying to escape up. From now on, it's kill or get killed (for real this time)...
If you liked Battle Royale, and if you like actionish-gorish stuffs, you should like Gantz. Graphics and animation are good, which is always important in this kind of show. The story is interesting enough to keep you watching, as there are lots of questions left unanswered. It reminds me a bit of Cube in a way, with those people throwed in a violent environment they don't understand. Characters are ok, but they lack a bit of development. They are varied, and we clairly see their psychological evolution tho, so it's what really matters. Overall, the first season is quite promising and enjoyable even if we don't really get to know more about the plot. Unfortunatly, the 2nd is kinda horrible. It's repetitive, every questions persist, and characters well... "evolve". Even tho there are 1 or 2 plot twists, it feels like wasting time honestly. I'd recommend you to watch the first season, and if you liked it, continue by reading the manga. Skip 2nd season, it's not worth the watch. [3/5]

Murder Princess : (opening)

2007 - Action - Fantasy - Adventure
6 OAV

A violent Rebellion took place in Forland's Kingdom, during which one the King was killed. His daughter, Alita, manages to escape the castle before the onslaught, but she has to go through a dark forest where she's attacked by a monster. While she runs away, she literraly cross the path of Faris, a bounty Hunter, with whom she mysteriously switch her body while they both accidentaly fall from a cliff. With Faris in the princess's place, they'll return to the castle to reclaim Forland's throne.
This anime has good graphics and animation, and... that's all. The story could have been slightly interesting, but the plot is way too much cliché. The characters are uninteresting, and everything is too cheesy. Hopefully, it's only 6 episodes, so I finished it for the sake of it, but don't bother watching it imo. [2.5/5]

NHK ni Youkoso! : (opening)

2006 - Drama - Comedy - Psychological - Slice of life
24 episodes

Satou has been a Hikikomori (he's affraid of others, keeps himself in his apartment avoiding to go outside the more he can) for 3 years. One day, a pair of solicitors advertising for a magazine about NEETs (Not in Employment, Education nor Training) knock on his door. On impulse, and because he refuses to admit he's a hikikomori, he forces himself to try to get a job at the book store nearby. Once there, he realizes the same girl who advertised about the magazine works here. Troubled, he leaves almost immediately. She'll meet him again tho, and offers him to be part of her "project" in order to "cure" him from his hikikomori condition.
Not everyone will like this anime. Afterall, this is the depiction of a loser's life to speak frankly. It is a sad story, dealing with dark themes and matters (failure, others judgment, obsession, isolation, suicide). Yet, it manages to be funny and enjoyable all the way, as it's filled with dark and cynical humour, parodical stuffs, Satou's comical behavior and dialogs, and because you can always see a slight hope in the most desespered situations. The story is realistic (there are 2 or 3 exagerated stuffs, but it's for the better), and is centred on Satou's repetitive daily routine, but it's still very entertaining because first it's well made, and second the plot is creative : there's always something happening, he dicovers many things and lots of events come up (for the better, and more than often for the worst). There are only 3 characters really developed, but they are very likeable, believeable and touching in their own ways. Strong point is we can see them evolve (or try to elvove, or even failing to do so) step by step, interacting with each others, hurting each others, simply living their life as they can. The music is good too, is present when it's needed and fits the atmosphere quite well. I found the graphics and design were nice, and the animation, even tho nothing outstanding, is totally descent. Overall, I highly recommend you to watch it. [5/5]

REC : (opening)

2006 - Romance - Comedy
9 episodes / 1 DVD special

Fuhimmiko invited a co-worker to see a movie, but unfortunatly he was stood up. As he's about to throw the tickets away, a young girl convinces him not to waste them, and ends up watching the movie with him, then eating with him afterward. They soon discover they live in the same area. However, the girl's house is destroyed by a fire, and Fuhimiko offers her to stay at his place. This is the begining of his relationship with Aka, who wants to become a professional seiyuu.
Sweet and simple, that describes perfectly this anime. It's very short, as each episodes is only around 12 minutes long, includind OP, but enjoyable from the begining to the end. The story is a classic, yet realistic couple relationship, with the extra element of making you discover more on the profession of a seiyuu (voice actor). The two main characters are likeable and very humans, as they're not flawless, make mistakes and both wise and not so wise choices like everyone. Graphicaly it's quite simple, but the design is nice and colorful which suits the mood very well. All in all, a pleasant watch, even if it's nothing extraodinary, it's still nice. [4/5]

Shinigami no Ballad : (opening)

2006 - Supernatural - Drama - Slice of life
6 OAV

Momo is a shinigami, but she's quite special, as she actually care for people, even the ones she slays. No story, each episode is a stand alone focused on the life of different people who'll eventually deal with Momo in a way or another.
What to say about that? Beside "in all honestly, don't waste your time watching it", not alot in fact. Each episode has some kind of moral to deliver, but it's just not interesting enough overall. It's more boring than touching, so actually I was like "yeah, whatever" before, during and after the show. Call me insensitive or something won't change the fact that's it's plain and boring. [2.5/5]

==> More on Page 1, Page 3 or Page 4

B.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 3:55

Bon, j'ai cru comprendre qu'Aren était un triso (apprenti seulement) :-D, so pour l'aider un peu :

Mininova / isoHunt : Mass torrents, not only animes. Not always mass seeds tho, go there when you don't find anywhere else.

Anime-Source : Daily anime torrents release of the ongoing shows + big torrents database. Also plenty of reviews and infos on animes.

AnimeSuki : Quite the same as Anime-Source, but without licenced shows and reviews/infos.

MyAnimeList : Huge anime database, with synopsis, reviews and lots of infos on all of them, possibilities to list what you already watched/stay updated etc + list of all the fansub groups who did the show (with link to their sites) for each animes.

Everything is in english of course, so are the subs. That's all, I hope it can be of any help.

Number of posts : 148
Description : -

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 18 Oct 2008 - 18:12

damn.. you guys sure watched a lot of anime's Surprised I've tryed to get into new ones but most are disappointing.

Best I've seen would definatly be death note, followed by darker then black. I also like naruto/bleach even though the fillers are beyond annoying >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oro_O
Good camarade

Number of posts : 666
Description : Je baise tellement ta soeur !
Registration date : 2006-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 18 Oct 2008 - 19:04

code geass and tengen toppa gurren lagann just try those 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://basshunter.m0o.eu/index.php
Arentar
Kawauso-Sama

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 18 Oct 2008 - 19:44

+ Baccano plz, it overrox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dust2Dust
B.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 18 Oct 2008 - 21:01

That's not even a half of what I watched ): I should update this one of these days, but it takes damn long!

Anyway, what they said, + Black Lagoon, Gungrave, and Cowboy Bebop + Samurai Champloo ofc if you haven't seen them already.

Loot where ?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 14:20

How's "Zero no tsukaima: Saga" ? It seems funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arentar
Kawauso-Sama

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 15:36

Sucks. -_-
I watch them ->>> saison 3 episode 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackAngel
Loot where ?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 16:04

BlackAngel wrote:
How's "Zero no tsukaima: Saga" ? It seems funny.

Thx Arentar but I'd like to listen to the comment of pro manga addicted Tsud. Btw, since I got some free time, I'd like to start one or two of these. You know my "pitiful tastes".... what would fit me better?

GTO
Devil May Cry
Trigun
Cowboy Bepop
Zero no tsukaima: Saga
Claymore
Full Metal Alchemist
Hellsing
Tokko
Elfen Lied
Death Note

Angel. king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steelphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 16:17

Given your tastes I'd say trigun, FMA or Claymore. The 3 of them are really good if you like action. FMA is probably the best of the 3 and claymore the worst.

BUT, if you want to watch some really good anime try Cowboy Bebop or Elfen Lied. I think you will like Cowboy Bepob, it has action. Elfen Lied too, but the atmosphere is different, much much darker.

I personally loved Helsing, but that's because I love the Manga (paper) and vampires in general, but it's a good anime.

DMC is prolly not worth watching, unless you are a really big fan of the video game (understand : if you masturbate when thinking about Dante, watch DMC, if not, don't bother).

Tokko is plain bad.

GTO is suposed to be funny, but I personally don't like it. maybe you will.

Death Note is very good at first, but tends to become boring as the end draws near, and you'll probably won't like it anyway (no action at all).

Never saw ZnT:S. Ask dust.

B.I.B.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 19:09

Stay the fuck away from TOKKO and DMC. No exception.

Quote :
GTO : Funny if you like school based comedies, and if you don't mind some pantsu. Well, even if you don't, it's still funny at least for Onizuka. Worth it, but it's 50 or so eps, so you'll need some free time indeed.

Trigun : It's great. Funny at start, with a cool main chara and a nice universe. Later, it turns out to be more serious in the end when we learn more about the charas, which gives a good balance between comedy and drama. Lots of action too, even tho the animation begins to date a bit. I think you'll like it np.

Cowboy Bebop : Liek best animu out there srsly. Instant classic. Great charas, universe, story, music, seiyus, and even animation. Best action/SF/comedy/drama show out there. No exception. Just watch it.

ZnT : Never seen it either and I think I won't, but I've heard both good and bad stuffs about it. So, if you like repetitive humor, tsundere main chara, submissive male chara, Harry Potter-like heroic fantasy setup, action, some romance and most of all fanservice then give it a try. But if you can't stand annoying lolis, don't like ecchi and want a real story, then I guess it's not for you.
Anyway, try to read the reviews here, or try the first season (only 13 eps) to see for yourself.

Claymore : You'll like the begining - eveyone likes the begining - thanks to good chara, interesting universe and intriging story. Good animation on top of that. But the more you watch, the more it slowly change to become more and more your average shonen, which is a shame (for me at least). But it if was only that I would still have recommended you to watch it. No, the sad part is that the end is like "wait... that was the end?". It sucks, it sucks and it sucks. So if you still want to watch it because it's quite good actually, then either : stop after the Clare/Theresa arc, stop at episode 20, or watch till the end and regret you did. Or read the manga.

FMA : It's really good. Basically, it's a shonen, but the fact is if all the shonens were like that, I'd be watching Bleach/Naruto/One Piece/D. Gray Man/Hitman Reborn one after another, and then repeat step one. More seriously, it's a shonen, but with a REAL story, REAL characters, and a REAL development. Wait... you said it was a shonen, it doesn't match!!1!!1. There's only like 3 "useless" eps while the rest is all good. I think you'll like it, if you manage to support Al that's it (-:
Btw, they're soon going to redo completly another anime serie which will follow the manga this time, so you might want to wait for it, which I suggest you don't, cuz this one is still really worth it, especially if you haven't read the manga.

Hellsing : Haven't seen it, but I keep hearing the manga is far superior. If you like Vampires, action, insane charas and GORE, then watch Hellsing : Ultimate (6 OVA, with the 6th not yet out tho) wich is better in every way, or so I heard.

Elfen Lied : Yup it's good if you don't mind gore and fucked up characters. It's kinda a classic too, even tho the story is kinda plain and some charas really annoying. But experience-wise and as far as emotions are concerned, it's worth it.

Death Note : One one the most hyped show you'll find. It doesn't mean it's overrated tho. Well... not THAT much overrated at least. It's really a breathtaking story with lots of suspens, twists and mindgame. Cool main characters too. Downside is that it gets less and less interesting at the end (a bit repetitive if you ask me), but still I think it's woth it and you should like it even tho there's no action indeed, not in the shonen intended way at least.

Sooooo, I'd say go for Bebop, Trigun and FMA if you have to choose only 3, with FMA being the show corresponding the most with your tastes.
And if you have still time, then try Elfen Lied and Death Note, or GTO if you want to relax.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 19:32

About Hellsing, I agree, the Hellsing Ultimate saga is better. Much closer to the manga, thus better scenario and better graphics. But this one is still worth watching, Alucard is teh damn fucking best motherfucker badass character out there anyway. Seriously. Even Dante is a lowlife beside him.

Loot where ?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 19:53

I started FMA, watching ep. 6 right now and I like it ^^ .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Time !   

Back to top Go down

Anime Time !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next